Help us transform lives and challenge prejudice
Many of the people Spare Tyre works with are economically disadvantaged, and the nature of our work means that only 10% of our income is currently earned through fees. That means 90% of our income comes from fundraising.
As an Arts Council England (ACE) National Portfolio organisation, we currently receive a grant for around half of our running costs. This means that every year we need to fundraise at least £120,000 to ensure our work remains vibrant, innovative and accessible.
Spare Tyre and the people we work with every day rely on the generous support of individuals, trusts, foundations and businesses to achieve this crucial target.
Your money goes towards:
- Running creative workshops for adults with disabilities
- Creating multisensory and interactive storytelling for people with dementia
- Training, mentoring and progressing diverse and emerging artists
- Production costs for Spare Tyre shows
- Hire of an accessible venue for creative workshops for disadvantaged communities
- Travel costs for disabled and older adults
- Workshop facilitator fees
- Expenses for volunteers to support artistic and administration work
- Props and material costs for workshops, fundraising events and shows
If you’re able to help us keep Spare Tyre running and making a difference, please visit the following links to find out how you can support our charity:
Find out more about Spare Tyre’s creative practice.