2017 - 18, London
ST40 is a Heritage Lottery funded project that will document and celebrate the 40 year history of Spare Tyre, and our role within the participatory arts movement.
Throughout 2017 and 2018 we will be:
- Organising all our archive material
- Recording interviews with people who have been involved with Spare Tyre over the years
- Producing creative work with the community, using our history as inspiration for new participatory projects
We will be exploring our roots, and how the participatory arts is linked to wider movements including the feminist movement, disability rights and equality movements, the empowerment of older people, and LGBT and gender rights issues.
One of the aims of the project is to make our archive available for use by students, academics and the wider public. We will be creating a resource of both physical and online material, which we hope will be a valuable resource for artists, researchers and people who just want to learn more about what we do in the future.
- We're currently recruiting for two roles - an Archivist and a Trainee Heritage Project Manager - to work on this project. See our recruitment page for full information.
- If you have been involved with Spare Tyre and you have memories or ideas you would like to share, please contact us.
- If you would like to volunteer with us on this project, exploring our archive material, learning about how to record oral history, and actually collecting new stories about the company and our work, get in touch.