Saturday 18 March 2017, New Diorama Theatre, London
Masterclass: Participatory Arts Practice with Older People and Adults with Learning Disabilities
This Masterclass will explore what you need to consider when engaging with older people, and people with learning disabilities.
Led by Spare Tyre’s Artistic Director Arti Prashar, the Masterclass will focus on:
- Discovering personal stories
- Being open to a range of creative expression
- Understanding the importance of risk and challenge
- Creating a safe space
- Working towards genuine collaboration and co-production with people from these groups
It is for:
- People who want to learn more about participatory methods
- People who want to explore creative methods of working with adults with learning disabilities or older people
Suitable for students / graduates of Applied Theatre courses, or artists new to the participatory arts.
Cost includes a ticket to the Saturday evening performance of Safe, directed by Arti Prashar with a cast of older actors and actors with learning disabilities.
Date: Saturday 18 March 2017
Time: 10.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: New Diorama Theatre, 15 – 16 Triton Street, Regents Place, London, NW1 3BF
Cost: £55 (Students £40 – please bring your NUS card along on the day)
Bookings: Book your place on the New Diorama Theatre website, call their Box Office on 0207 383 9034 (2pm - 6pm Mon - Fri)